CryptoLab is a freeware cryptography application for Microsoft Windows, and incorporates text-based encryption / decryption through the use of plug-in cipher modules. Advanced features include SMTP email support, a Key Manager and pseudo-random key generation.
Encryption is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty.
- Plug-in cipher modules.
- Advanced pseudo-random key generation.
- Easy-to-use tabbed interface for text files.
- Key Manager storage utility.
- Full password protection (incorporating SHA-1 hashing algorithm).
- Integrated SMTP email support.
- PDF, HTML and Word Document export options.
- Statistics calculator.
Included encryption modules:
- Affine Shift
- Blowfish Cipher
- Caesar Cipher
- Data Encryption Standard
- Modular Shift Algorithm (by EJC Cryptography)
- Rijndael (Advanced Encryption Standard)
- Substitution Cipher
- Vigenere Cipher
Note: The block ciphers implemented for CryptoLab use ECB mode instead of the more common CBC mode used for encryption. It is known that ECB mode is much less secure than other modes of operation.
With CryptoLab, you can encrypt your text documents with military standard security - algorithms such as Rijndael are used to encrypt classified documents within the US Government. By using CryptoLab, you too can experience this level of security from your own computer. Best of all, it's FREE!
- Microsoft Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows Vista.
- 512MB RAM Recommended.
- Internet Connection for SMTP Email feature.
- Administrator Priviledges
Downloading and running this program in some countries is illegal as a result of certain cryptographic laws. EJC Cryptography cannot provide legal advice; we therefore encourage you to seek appropriate legal counsel regarding any questions you might have about this program.